Getting Waste Wise
We all love food, so we should try our best to stop it from reaching the bin. After all, it isn’t just the food we are wasting but the resources that land, energy and water that help it reach our plates.
Stats behind our binned food
- 1/3 of food produced goes to waste
- In the UK 70% of all food waste happens in our homes
- The average family of four can save just over £60 per month by reducing food waste
- 4.5 million tonnes of edible food is waste every year in UK households
- That is enough to fill 6 Wembley Stadiums, 90 Royal Albert Halls and 38 million wheelie bins.
October Food Waste Recipe
We asked our Culinary Director Ryan Holmes, what can people do to salvage those items turning brown in the fruit bowl? Take a look at Ryan’s simple and nutritious overnight oats recipe.
In fact this is one of the delicious recipes featured in our teaching kitchen initiative The Kitchen Club. You can find out more by watching Ryan’s Kitchen Club introduction here.